Holiday parties are about to be in full swing!! If you’re like us, you probably have your fair share of hosting duties! They take time and detailed planning to pull off, especially if you’re putting together a corporate or large event.
First, use a timeline and checklist to help you stay on track. If you’ve never planned a big party before, this is essential. And you may want to enlist the help of a party planner (or a friend with a lot of experience).
One of our favorite parts of party planning is gifting attendees with unique and memorable gifts that will leave them thinking and talking about the party for weeks to come. You can give each guest one larger gift or a goodie bag full of fun and useful items. Here are some ideas:
- Customized holiday ornaments and related goodies. Anything handmade is sure to go over well, especially if it’s made from the heart. If you’re hosting family members and close friends, have the children in your family make ornaments for everyone to take home. (And bonus that it will help keep the kids busy during the party.) You can also include cookies, cookie mix and other items.
- A cup of joe (or tea) to go. Travel coffee cups and cute mugs are popular among anyone who needs a hit of caffeine in the morning. Elevate the gift by including a packet of coffee beans or organic tea or a gift card to a local coffee shop.
- Wellness in a bag. Everyone needs to take care of themselves, though we’re often the last on our own priority list. Give your guests a break and send them home with a goodie bag full of self-care items. This could include a stress ball, body scrubs, moisturizer, mini hand massager and lip scrubs.
- DIY manicure kits. Manicures aren’t cheap yet they’re a must for many women this time of year to freshen up dry, flaky hands. Now you can gift the women in your life a manicure any time they want with DIY manicure boxes, which include cuticle oil, nail polish, nail file, hand scrub and a how-to guide.
- Branded goodies. Marketing companies galore offer branded pens, mouse pads, calendars, laptop covers and more. Why not offer something your guests can use or wear and think about you every time they do? Taylor Made creates custom polish favors that can be made to match your party decor, seasons or brand colors–and have your logo on the bottle. Check out YourBrandTaylorMade.com for details and in about two weeks you’ll have a handmade unique custom gift for your guests.
Whatever gift you think is perfect for your party guests, just be sure to plan ahead. If you’re ordering online, consider printing and shipping times and factor in time to assemble or prepare the gifts!